Why Speech & Debate?
The Ohio Speech and Debate Association wants to promote the wonderful work that our student-competitors exhibit throughout the year.
And we want YOU to help.
We want student-competitors of The OSDA to create one-minute videos promoting the joys, challenges, and value of being a part of speech and debate. (What that means is yours/your student’s to convey through the video.) The target audience is other high-school students who may be considering what extracurricular activities to join.
- This contest is limited to high-school OSDA student-competitors.
- There is no limit to how many people can be in the video.
- Limit those receiving production credit to (no more than) two.
- DISCLAIMER: By submitting a video for this contest, you knowingly and willfully acknowledge bestowment to The OSDA the rights to, and authority to share, said video for promotional and/or academic purposes solely at its own discretion.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
- Post your video to YouTube and send a link to The OSDA at email@example.com.
- Include in the email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- the first- and last names of (no more than two) student-competitors primarily responsible for filming and editing the video;
- your school(s) / team affiliation(s);
- your video’s title (if applicable).
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES:
- Finalist- and champion videos will be selected by The OSDA Board of Directors.
- The champion video entry will win a $100 scholarship and be recognized at The OSDA State Finals in March, in Canton. Recognition also will be posted to The OSDA web site.
- Finalist- and champion video-production information will be publicized.
- The champion video producer(s) also will be invited to participate in an official OSDA Public Service Announcement to be released in the near future.
We ask you: Why Speech & Debate? Now is your time to tell us.