“You get to decide who wins the $100 scholarship from the OHSSL.”
At the State Tournament 2017 in Cleveland, the Board of Directors had narrowed the “RYE” finalists to the following two videos before the Awards Ceremony. Unfortunately, during the ceremony there were some technical issues that prevented the videos from being displayed in the auditorium.
Nevertheless, each video (and each competitor/filmmaker) deserves YOUR consideration for the titles of 2017 RYE Champion and Runner-Up. With the State Tournament behind us and the end of the school year approaching, we ask that you watch each video and cast your vote for this year’s best RYE entry.
Each competitor was tasked with doing his or her best to encapsulate, within a 1-minute video, what makes a particular competitive OHSSL event great. This year’s finalists represent the events of Duo- and Humorous Interpretation.
YOU get to decide who wins the $100 scholarship from the OHSSL.
Head to OHSSL.org or click the link right here to vote.
Voting will end at 11:59 PM EST on Sunday, May 7, 2017. The winner and runner-up will be declared on Monday, May 8.
The OHSSL is excited to announce “Rep Your Event” 2017!
Contest Rules & Guidelines:
- Create a 1-minute video encapsulating what makes your OHSSL competitive event great.
- Voiceovers, interviews, and demonstrating the event are all allowed. There are multiple ways to present your message, but performance clips are encouraged.
- All videos must be appropriate for public display. Use discretion.
- HOW TO SUBMIT: Post your video to YouTube and send a link to the OHSSL at email@example.com
- DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: Friday, February 10, 2017
- The top finalist videos will be shown (and their submitters/producers will be recognized) at the State Tournament Awards Assembly at Berea-Midpark/Olmsted Falls in March 2017;
- Top finalist entries will be determined by the OHSSL Board of Directors;
- The Grand Prize Winner, who will be determined at the State Tournament in March, will win a $100 scholarship and will have his or her video added to the OHSSL web site. (The OHSSL reserves the right to award additional prizes.)
DISCLAIMER: By submitting a video to this contest, or by assisting with production of a video submitted to this contest, you acknowledge that OHSSL retains the right to use any submitted video, or portions (including still images) thereof, for promotional purposes.
Lights! Camera! Action! We look forward to seeing your creative vision.